August 16, 2018
August 17th Holy Spirit Novena
The Novena Rosary
Please pray for a special intention.
Pray for Matt, pray for funds & grace.
Pray for Matthew, Malcolm & Betty.
Please pray for Dan, Jim,
Prayer Chapters, all intentions.
Please pray for Dennis serving our country.
Please pray Fr. Joe's book & cover & all involved.
Prayer for Grace for our Country
Dear Father united to Jesus in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Sacrifice of Calvary sacramentally made present, celebrated around the world, in the Holy Spirit. We offer up all we do united to the Mass. We unite in one mind and one heart as members of the mystical body of Christ, with Christ our head in the pure and holy Hearts of Jesus and Mary, through the powerful intercession of Mary with all the angels and saints and souls in purgatory, and we beg for the saving grace, for our country, the United States. Please help us. We further pray for unity to always do the will of God in love. We spread the Blood of Jesus on the leaders and people of the United States and cast the devil into hell. We consecrate our country to the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart and all our dioceses, and beg for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. God help us. We pray for our families, the priests, the Church and the world. In the Name of Jesus please hear us, we pray. We pray for our president and leaders. We pray that we are united as one nation under God to work together in love as God wants.
August 16, 2018
Matthew 18:21 - 19:1
Then Peter went up to him and said, ‘Lord, how often must I forgive my brother if he wrongs me? As often as seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘Not seven, I tell you, but seventy–seven times.
Parable of the unforgiving debtor
‘And so the kingdom of Heaven may be compared to a king who decided to settle his accounts with his servants. When the reckoning began, they brought him a man who owed ten thousand talents; he had no means of paying, so his master gave orders that he should be sold, together with his wife and children and all his possessions, to meet the debt. At this, the servant threw himself down at his master’s feet, with the words, "Be patient with me and I will pay the whole sum." And the servant’s master felt so sorry for him that he let him go and cancelled the debt. Now as this servant went out, he happened to meet a fellow–servant who owed him one hundred denarii; and he seized him by the throat and began to throttle him, saying, "Pay what you owe me." His fellow–servant fell at his feet and appealed to him, saying, "Be patient with me and I will pay you." But the other would not agree; on the contrary, he had him thrown into prison till he should pay the debt. His fellow–servants were deeply distressed when they saw what had happened, and they went to their master and reported the whole affair to him. Then the master sent for the man and said to him, "You wicked servant, I cancelled all that debt of yours when you appealed to me. Were you not bound, then, to have pity on your fellow–servant just as I had pity on you?" And in his anger the master handed him over to the torturers till he should pay all his debt. And that is how my heavenly Father will deal with you unless you each forgive your brother from your heart.’
Jesus had now finished what he wanted to say, and he left Galilee and came into the territory of Judaea on the far side of the Jordan.
R. Putting God first
1. I, the Lord, am your God. You
shall not have other gods besides me.
R. So we give God our will and our life –
Take Lord Receive - St. Ignatius
We need the Holy Spirit inside of us – to fill
us, to possess our souls.
The Spirit of God for our spiritual life.
Archbishop Martinez talked about the
2 sanctifiers - the Holy Spirit and the
Blessed Virgin Mary.
We see that the Holy Spirit and the Blessed Virgin
Mary gave us the Child Jesus. Jesus was formed
in her precious womb by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We were created in the image of Jesus - we
go to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - the spiritual womb
and the Holy Spirit forms us more and more in
the image of Jesus.
It is a spiritual battle – We want the Holy Spirit
filling us and operating us and transforming
us - but we must surrender to God –
we give God our will and our life – We
ask the Holy Spirit to come and possess our soul.
The evil one wants to work in us –
The evil spirit wants to operate and
if he does, he is the spirit of rebellion,
the spirit of darkness, pride, slothfulness,
anger, envy, jealousy, lust and gluttony.
The devil says –
"Oh that changed, that's old-fashioned,
didn't you know it's not sin anymore
about something that is sin"
He lures us with pride, pleasure,
wanting to do what we want –
The devil is a liar – Jesus says May 13, 1993,
his grip is paralyzing and crippling.
He gets in forcing his way with as much
as you let him get away with it –
Like a thief in the night – lurking
at the door – sticking in an arm in
a broken window –
one lie, lying about what you are asked
for by authority – power over –
The devil wants you to live to be first –
seek power – treat your brother like
enemies – The devil wants you to
act – not to please God – not to give
God all the honor and glory,
but the devil wants a person to
seek power – vain power – riches
God has called religious to be the special
brides of Christ. Brides want to give to
the bridegroom they love. Christ gives us
Himself, He gives us life – He gives us the
We are to be humble – religious
are to be an example to others –
Fr. Carter said Jesus called the
Handmaids and Servants of the Good Shepherd.
R. We see in Mary, perfect humility –
"My soul doth magnify the Lord, she says"
Who is your spiritual director –
it it the Holy Spirit - is it God –
is it satan - so you won't even
answer to the call of God because
satan wants your independence
and isolation using satan as
your guide –
"My soul doth magnify the Lord"
"And my spirit rejoices in God my
Listen to the Prayer Jesus gave us –
Come to me, Lord, and possess my soul.
Come into my heart and permeate my soul.
Help me to sit in silence with You
and let You work in my heart.
R. God is all powerful –
When God fills us - He has all the
We have to put God first in our
Song: I Am a God of Justice
R. We are to live as Christ called us to
Mary walked humbly for God –
Mary loved God's will –
This is from Fr. Carter's Priestly Newsletter.
Priestly Newsletter Book II - September/October 1997
In all this Mary offers an example. Selfishness was totally foreign to her. She did not belong to herself. She belonged to God. She was not closed in upon herself. She was completely open to God. When God spoke, she listened. When God pointed the way, she followed. She realized that life is not a process a person masters by carefully mapping out one's own self-conceived plans of conquest, but a mystery to be gradually experienced by being open to God's personal and loving guidance.
Selfishness, then, did not close Mary off from God's call. Neither did fear. God asked her to assume a tremendous responsibility. He asked her to be the Mother of Jesus. Mary did not engage in a process of false humility and say that such a great role was above her. She did not say that she did not have the proper qualifications for this awesome mission. Briefly, she did not waste time looking at herself, making pleas that she was not worthy, telling the angel he had better go look for someone else. No, Mary did not look at herself. Her gaze was absorbed in God. She fully realized that whatever God asked of her, His grace would accomplish. She fully realized that although she herself had to cooperate, this work was much more God's than hers.
Mary's words, then, truly sum up what is the authentic Christian response at any point of life, in any kind of situation: "I am the handmaid of the Lord," said Mary, "let what you have said be done to me".
R. Christ came – Christ showed the world
he was poor and humble –
Christ taught men to love and give
to their neighbor – Christ gave us
parables to live by – Christ healed
and showed us His selflessness
and love for God and others –
Christ sacrificed and prayed.
Christ was building men's hearts
for His work – Are the ones called
by God walking in the Light –
Walking as Christ calls us –
More and more in the image of Christ.
Is Christ first in our lives –
Do we think this way? "What does
the Father want me to do?"
Christ lived to do the Father's will –
to His death on the cross –
From the Prayer for Union
Come to me, Lord, and possess my soul.
Come into my heart and permeate my soul.
Help me to sit in silence with You
and let You work in my heart.
R. Are we a shining example of Christ?
Are we first in our lives?
Is Christ first in our lives?
Are we living to love in Catholic Works
because God wills us to be
"men for others, walking humbly
and in love"
Who is first in our lives?
Do we live as St. Paul says –
Galatians 2: 19-20
...I have been crucified with Christ and yet I am alive; yet it is no longer I, but Christ living in me.
R. Why am I not doing what Fr. Carter said –
Looking at the Crucifix close up and say
"What have I done for Christ?"
"What am I now doing for Christ?"
"What ought I to do for Christ?"
R. We are to live bringing Christ
to others by how we live
our lives and conduct ourselves.
Christ is first –
We beg for grace to put Christ first –
We bring His message in our lives
to others –
Our calling in the Shepherds of Christ is
to deliver His letters of love, His
prayers – Catholic Action –
Teach children about the rosary –
We deny ourselves and live as
Christ wants in our lives –
Fr. Carter called it self-renunciation –
Jesus says in the Prayer for Union
I am Yours to possess. I am Yours to use. I want to be selfless and only exist in You. Help me to spoon out all that is me and be an empty vessel ready to be filled by You. Help me to die to myself and live only for You. Use me as You will. Let me never draw my attention back to myself. I only want to operate as You do, dwelling within me.
R. We die to ourselves more and more
to rise in Him –
This is dying to self and rising in
Him is why the Movement
grows – men are one in
the will of God – powered by
God the Holy Spirit –
We are motivated by our love for God –
by God operating in us –
Luke 24: 26
Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer before entering into his glory?'
R. What is the Standard of Christ –
Excerpt of The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by Louis J. Puhl, S.J. pp.60-61
136. THE FOURTH DAY
A MEDITATION ON TWO STANDARDS
The one of Christ, our supreme leader and lord,
the other of Lucifer, the deadly enemy of our
PRAYER. The usual preparatory prayer.
window at a former Jesuit Seminary
137. FIRST PRELUDE. This is the history. Here it will be that Christ calls and wants all beneath His standard, and Lucifer, on the other hand, wants all under his.
138. SECOND PRELUDE. This is a mental representation of the place. It will be here to see a great plain, comprising the whole region about Jerusalem, where the sovereign Commander-in-Chief of all the good is Christ our Lord; and another plain about the region of Babylon, where the chief of the enemy is Lucifer.
139. THIRD PRELUDE. This is to ask for what I desire. Here it will be to ask for a knowledge of the deceits of the rebel chief and help to guard myself against them; and also to ask for a knowledge of the true life exemplified in the sovereign and true Commander, and the grace to imitate Him.
THE STANDARD OF SATAN
140. FIRST POINT. Imagine you see the chief of all the enemy in the vast plain about Babylon, seated on a great throne of fire and smoke, his appearance inspiring horror and terror.
141. SECOND POINT. Consider how he summons innumerable demons, and scatters them, some to one city and some to another, throughout the whole world, so that no province, no place, no state of life, no individual is overlooked.
142. THIRD POINT. Consider the address he makes to them, how he goads them on to lay snares for men and bind them with chains. First they are to tempt them to covet riches (as Satan himself is accustomed to do in most cases) that they may the more easily attain the empty honors of this world, and then come to overweening pride.
The first step, then, will be riches, the second honor, the third pride. From these three steps the evil one leads to all other vices.
THE STANDARD OF CHRIST
143. In a similar way, we are to picture to ourselves the sovereign and true Commander, Christ our Lord.
144. FIRST POINT. Consider Christ our Lord, standing in a lowly place in a great plain about the region of Jerusalem, His appearance beautiful and attractive.
145. SECOND POINT. Consider how the Lord of all the world chooses so many persons, apostles, disciples, etc., and sends them throughout the whole world to spread His sacred doctrine among all men, no matter what their state or condition.
146. THIRD POINT. . . .
end of excerpt of The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
R. We choose the Standard of Christ –
We live the Standard of Christ –
We live to be generous –
Prayer from St. Ignatius
Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve;
To give and not to count the cost;
To fight and not to heed the wounds;
To toil and not to seek for rest;
To labor and not to ask for any reward,
Save that of knowing
that I am doing your will.
R. We seek to be more perfect as our
heavenly Father is perfect –
Leaders - lead –
God calls religious to their vocation
to lead men to greater holiness.
A leader is to use his position
to help the institution grow in
love – to build the Kingdom of God –
The religious is to be a model
of the pure and holy Hearts of
Jesus and Mary –
Handmaids and Servants of the
Good Shepherd were called as
Handmaids and Servants like Mary
and Joseph and of the Good Shepherd
like Jesus – That is what
the title is all about –
Spiritual leaders are called to
lead men and live a life where
the Holy Spirit is leading them.
R. We cannot do what God wants
without doing the will of God –
God's will is first for us –
In the smallest detail in our
lives we obey the will of God –
religious must obey their
Superiors or they will not
grow in the supernatural life –
Complete disobedience to the
the Word is disaster –
One who denies their sins –
willfully going ahead becomes
in a dark spirit inside
and they are not living in
Me. Repression of one's sinning
action is an Avenue that
opens a door to the thief
in the night and lets the
thief destroy the balance
of living life as I want
a person to live –
Willful repression of sin leads to more
and more sinning – this sinning
leads to darkness and destruction
like a destructive machine –
You do not see through
God's eyes of light, but the
darkness of satan –
Life is in Me –
Life is to be more and more
transformation and surrender
to God – Dying to self and living
as God wants you to live –
August 15, 2018
Matthew 22: 36-40
‘Master, which is the greatest commandment of the Law?’ Jesus said to him, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it: You must love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang the whole Law, and the Prophets too.’
R. God the Father is merciful.
Jesus we trust You always.
Jesus we are faithful to Thee.
You are always faithful to us.
To be like God we must be faithful.
The Father sent Jesus, His Son into this world.
God loves us.
These are the messages of God's Blue Books.
God loves the sinners.
God offers mercy and forgiveness to those that are sorry for their sins
and want to repair the breach that sin brings.
Blood and water flowed from the Heart of Jesus from the soldier's lance.
Come to me Lord and possess my soul
God gives grace we cannot measure.
Jesus has told us over and over again of His Love.
This message is to be communicated to the Church and the world.
So much love Jesus has shown to us in these messages.
We must put our Trust in God.
We were made in the image and likeness of Jesus.
Jesus is all merciful so we should be merciful.
Retaliation and revenge.
Retaliation is so unlike Jesus.
Service People, Priests, Police, Firemen, Nuns are servants.
A policeman, Serviceman takes a chance.
They can have violence come down on them. Lose legs. Paralyzed in service.
They give mercy and forgiveness when they forgive evil men hurting them.
Love is forgiveness.
Not holding in hate, anger, revenge, violence.
Jesus shows us His wounds, His wounded Heart, His beaten body.
We show love when we act like Christ.
We were made in the image and likeness of Jesus.
As we forgive others, God forgives us.
God is love.
If we are like Jesus we are loving.
God calls us to spread this love.
God's Blue Books
Spread the Gospel message.
What we do to others we do to Jesus.
Look at His 5 wounds. This is the calling of the 5ths.
To love. To pray with Mary for others.
To have love in our eyes. Love in our hearts. Love because Jesus is love.
And we were created in His image and likeness. We walk in His Light.
Jesus: Walk in My light.
Be instruments of love.
R. God gives us His love, His mercy, His forgiveness.
Jesus forgives sinners.
The Fatima message calls us to conversion.
God knows all our offenses.
God loves us despite our sins.
We must go and ask for forgiveness of God.
Not repress our sins.
And keep sinning in pride and hate,
but we need to tell the truth and ask for forgiveness for our sins.
Oh God, Reign down Your grace on us. Outpour Your mercy upon us.
Police, Servicemen give their lives for us.
Priests give their lives for us.
Can’t we ask for forgiveness of our sins and ask God for mercy?
God gives us life.
God outpours His love to us sinners.
We must ask for His help.
We can not do it without Him.
God calls us.
God gave us life.
How does it feel to be in New York when God calls us to California?
We don’t feel good when God calls and we reject Him.
God has a plan for our lives.
It is God's plan we reject.
God loves us. He is love.
God wants us to live in love.
God wants to live in us.
The Sacred Heart is burning with love.
He showed me His Heart on fire with love for us.
This is this mission.
We trust in You Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
end of August 15,2018
Excerpt of The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, by Louis J. Puhl, S.J. pp.141-150
313. RULES FOR DISCERNMENT OF SPIRITS
Rules for understanding to some extent the different movements produced in the soul and for recognizing those that are good to admit them, and those that are bad, to reject them. These rules are more suited to the first week
314. I. In the case of those who go from one mortal sin to another, the enemy is ordinarily accustomed to propose apparent pleasures. He fills their imagination with sensual delights and gratifications, the more readily to keep them in their vices and increase the number of their sins.
With such persons the good spirit uses a method which is the reverse of the above. Making use of the light of reason, he will rouse the sting of conscience and fill them with remorse.
315. 2. In the case of those who go on earnestly striving to cleanse their souls from sin and who seek to rise in the service of God our Lord to greater perfection, the method pursued is the opposite of that mentioned in the first rule.
Then it is characteristic of the evil spirit to harass with anxiety, to afflict with sadness, to raise obstacles backed by fallacious reasonings that disturb the soul. Thus he seeks to prevent the soul from advancing.
It is characteristic of the good spirit, however, to give courage and strength, consolations, tears, inspirations, and peace. This He does by making all easy, by removing all obstacles so that the soul goes forward in doing good.
316. 3. SPIRITUAL CONSOLATION. I call it consolation when an interior movement is aroused in the soul, by which it is inflamed with love of its Creator and Lord, and as a consequence, can love no creature on the face of the earth for its own sake, but only in the Creator of them all. It is likewise consolation when one sheds tears that move to the love of God, whether it be because of sorrow for sins, or because of the sufferings of Christ our Lord, or for any other reason that is immediately directed to the praise and service of God. Finally, I call consolation every increase of faith, hope, and love, and all interior joy that invites and attracts to what is heavenly and to the salvation of one's soul by filling it with peace and quiet in its Creator and Lord.
317. 4. SPIRITUAL DESOLATION. I call desolation what is entirely the opposite of what is described in the third rule, as darkness of soul, turmoil of spirit, inclination to what is low and earthly, restlessness rising from many disturbances and temptations which lead to want of faith, want of hope, want of love. The soul is wholly slothful, tepid, sad, and separated, as it were, from its Creator and Lord. For just as consolation is the opposite of desolation, so the thoughts that spring from consolation are the opposite of those that spring from desolation.
318. 5. In time of desolation we should never make any change, but remain firm and constant in the resolution and decision which guided us the day before the desolation, or in the decision to which we adhered in the preceding consolation. For just as in consolation the good spirit guides and counsels us, so in desolation the evil spirit guides and counsels. Following his counsels we can never find the way to a right decision.
319. 6. Though in desolation we must never change our former resolutions, it will be very advantageous to intensify our activity against the desolation. We can insist more upon prayer, upon meditation, and on much examination of ourselves. We can make an effort in a suitable way to do some penance.
320. 7. When one is in desolation, he should be mindful that God has left him to his natural powers to resist the different agitations and temptations of the enemy in order to try him. He can resist with the help of God, which always remains, though he may not clearly perceive it. For though God has taken from him the abundance of fervor and overflowing love and the intensity of His favors, nevertheless, he has sufficient grace for eternal salvation.
321. 8. When one is in desolation, he should strive to persevere in patience. This reacts against the vexations that have overtaken him. Let him consider, too, that consolation will soon return, and in the meantime, he must diligently use the means against desolation which have been given in the sixth rule.
322. 9. The principal reasons why we suffer from desolation are three:
The first is because we have been tepid and slothful or negligent in our exercises of piety, and so through our own fault spiritual consolation has been taken away from us.
The second reason is because God wishes to try us, to see how much we are worth, and how much we will advance in His service and praise when left without the generous reward of consolations and signal favors.
The third reason is because God wishes to give us a true knowledge and understanding of ourselves, so that we may have an intimate perception of the fact that it is not within our power to acquire and attain great devotion, intense love, tears, or any other spiritual consolation; but that all this is the gift and grace of God our Lord. God does not wish us to build on the property of another, to rise up in spirit in a certain pride and vainglory and attribute to ourselves the devotion and other effects of spiritual consolation.
323. 10. When one enjoys consolation, let him consider how he will conduct himself during the time of ensuing desolation, and store up a supply of strength as defense against that day.
324. 11. He who enjoys consolation should take care to humble himself and lower himself as much as possible. Let him recall how little he is able to do in time of desolation, when he is left without such grace or consolation.
On the other hand, one who suffers desolation should remember that by making use of the sufficient grace offered him, he can do much to withstand all his enemies. Let him find his strength in his Creator and Lord.
325. 12. The enemy conducts himself as a woman. He is a weakling before a show of strength, and a tyrant if he has his will. It is characteristic of a woman in a quarrel with a man to lose courage and take to flight if the man shows that he is determined and fearless. However, if the man loses courage and begins to flee, the anger, vindictiveness, and rage of the woman surge up and know no bounds. In the same way, the enemy becomes weak, loses courage, and turns to flight with his seductions as soon as one leading a spiritual life faces his temptations boldly, and does exactly the opposite of what he suggests. However, if one begins to be afraid and to lose courage in temptations, no wild animal on earth can be more fierce than the enemy of our human nature. He will carry out his perverse intentions with consummate malice.
326. 13. Our enemy may also be compared in his manner of acting to a false lover. He seeks to remain hidden and does not want to be discovered. If such a lover speaks with evil intention to the daughter of a good father, or to the wife of a good husband, and seeks to seduce them, he wants his words and solicitations kept secret. He is greatly displeased if his evil suggestions and depraved intentions are revealed by the daughter to her father, or by the wife to her husband. Then he readily sees he will not succeed in what he has begun. In the same way, when the enemy of our human nature tempts a just soul with his wiles and seductions, he earnestly desires that they be received secretly and kept secret. But if one manifests them to a confessor, or to some other spiritual person who understands his deceits and malicious designs, the evil one is very much vexed. For he knows that he cannot succeed in his evil undertaking, once his evident deceits have been revealed.
327. 14. The conduct of our enemy may also be compared to the tactics of a leader intent upon seizing and plundering a position he desires. A commander and leader of an army will encamp, explore the fortifications and defenses of the stronghold, and attack at the weakest point. In the same way, the enemy of our human nature investigates from every side all our virtues, theological, cardinal, and moral. Where he finds the defenses of eternal salvation weakest and most deficient, there he attacks and tries to take us by storm.
328. RULES FOR DISCERNMENT OF SPIRITS
Further rules for understanding the different movements produced in the soul. They serve for a more accurate discernment of spirits and are more suitable for the second week
329. I. It is characteristic of God and His Angels, when they act upon the soul, to give true happiness and spiritual joy, and to banish all the sadness and disturbances which are caused by the enemy.
It is characteristic of the evil one to fight against such happiness and consolation by proposing fallacious reasonings, subtilties, and continual deceptions.
330. 2. God alone can give consolation to the soul without any previous cause. It belongs solely to the Creator to come into a soul, to leave it, to act upon it, to draw it wholly to the love of His Divine Majesty. I said without previous cause, that is, without any preceding perception or knowledge of any subject by which a soul might be led to such a consolation through its own acts of intellect and will.
331. 3. If a cause precedes, both the good angel and the evil spirit can give consolation to a soul, but for a quite different purpose. The good angel consoles for the progress of the soul, that it may advance and rise to what is more perfect. The evil spirit consoles for purposes that are the contrary, and that afterwards he might draw the soul to his own perverse intentions and wickedness.
332. 4. It is a mark of the evil spirit to assume the appearance of an angel of light. He begins by suggesting thoughts that are suited to a devout soul, and ends by suggesting his own. For example, he will suggest holy and pious thoughts that are wholly in conformity with the sanctity of the soul. Afterwards, he will endeavor little by little to end by drawing the soul into his hidden snares and evil designs.
333. 5. We must carefully observe the whole course of our thoughts. If the beginning and middle and end of the course of thoughts are wholly good and directed to what is entirely right, it is a sign that they are from the good angel. But the course of thoughts suggested to us may terminate in something evil, or distracting, or less good than the soul had formerly proposed to do. Again, it may end in what weakens the soul, or disquiets it; or by destroying the peace, tranquility, and quiet which it had before, it may cause disturbance to the soul. These things are a clear sign that the thoughts are proceeding from the evil spirit, the enemy of our progress and eternal salvation.
334. 6. When the enemy of our human nature has been detected and recognized by the trail of evil marking his course and by the wicked end to which he leads us, it will be profitable for one who has been tempted to review immediately the whole course of the temptation. Let him consider the series of good thoughts, how they arose, how the evil one gradually attempted to make him step down from the state of spiritual delight and joy in which he was, till finally he drew him to his wicked designs. The purpose of this review is that once such an experience has been understood and carefully observed, we may guard ourselves for the future against the customary deceits of the enemy.
335. 7. In souls that are progressing to greater perfection, the action of the good angel is delicate, gentle, delightful. It may be compared to a drop of water penetrating a sponge.
The action of the evil spirit upon such souls is violent, noisy, and disturbing. It may be compared to a drop of water falling upon a stone.
In souls that are going from bad to worse, the action of the spirits mentioned above is just the reverse. The reason for this is to be sought in the opposition or similarity of these souls to the different kinds of spirits. When the disposition is contrary to that of the spirits, they enter with noise and commotion that are easily perceived. When the disposition is similar to that of the spirits, they enter silently, as one coming into his own house when the doors are open.
336. 8. When consolation is without previous cause, as was said, there can be no deception in it, since it can proceed from God our Lord only. But a spiritual person who has received such a consolation must consider it very attentively, and must cautiously distinguish the actual time of the consolation from the period which follows it. At such a time the soul is still fervent and favored with the grace and aftereffects of the consolation which has passed. In this second period the soul frequently forms various resolutions and plans which are not granted directly by God our Lord. They may come from our own reasoning on the relations of our concepts and on the consequences of our judgments, or they may come from the good or evil spirit. Hence, they must be carefully examined before they are given full approval and put into execution.
end of excerpt of The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
25 Years Ago
August 16, 1993
He Will Speak Through Me
R. Dear Jesus, Please come to me and write to me now, I really need to be alone with You and hear Your words, please talk to me.
Jesus: My dear child, put your fear and anxiety aside. You are coming for My truth. I am the Truth. I live in you and you are watered by My words of truth. Deception is very troublesome to you when you live in My truth. On any scale deception is not at all funny. I know you cannot watch a movie anymore, it is not of God. Do not give in to the ways of this world. Feed yourself with only that which is of Me. Turn your entire life over to Me, trust in My ways and make them your own. Read and reread each letter, go back to your old letters, know them by heart so My words and thinking will become engraved in you. You must speak from My truth. You must be filled with My wisdom. You must not falter or wonder, but be confident in these words I write to you. My work for you is to speak My truths. You must study them and know all I have taught you. Those are your lessons. All that is not of Me will become so foreign, you will want only to choose My way, but you must teach yourself with My letters. I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE and he who abides in Me will have the light of life. The life I give you is not of this world. It is rooted in My words and My truth. Only I can teach you My truths. This world is so full of error. Unless you keep constant in My teachings by reading My words, you will go astray. My words are the food by which you are nourished and fed. My words are your drink, they are your food, they are your all. You will run and not grow weary, you will fly like an eagle. Joy will abound in your heart and you will know that true joy comes only from Me. All other joy is momentary. My joy is everlasting and full to the brim, You, My child, can have this joy if you stay fixed in My words. Savor them and decipher all their meanings for you, this is your truth, this is your victory over Satan’s lies. This is how you will help others to know Me. Your instructions are very clear, My child. STUDY each letter and try to understand all of its contents. They are words meant for you so you can speak these truths to others. It is not by chance you were chosen by Me, My child. You are a teacher, you are convincing in all you believe in. Believe in these letters and memorize My teachings until they flow from you as from your very soul. You must put aside your doubts now. Keep these letters by your side. Your life here will be always put into perspective. You will not get caught up in foolishness, or worry for any reason. I AM HE, I AM here. Your work is clear, study and learn My words so they become engraved in you. Speak of My words to all. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life and you are My messenger. I speak the truth to you that you will speak the truth to all. No time to wait, time is so short. Be busy studying My teachings now. Keep them in your purse, underline and read them again and again. These are not just for you, they are teachings of My love for all My children. Each child needs to be told about My love. Reach as many as possible through your speech. I am by your side, giving you what you need. The crooked ways are made straight, the weary are sent away in rest. Your voice will be My tool to reach many. Make yourself like jello. I will form you into what I want you to be. You must remain formless and be molded by Me. I am this close to you, My child. You will take some knocks, but you will be the key to unlock many doors. Use you I will, let all busy things behind. Focus on Me at every moment. This is My desire for you to speak My truth. I will be with you, little one, do not be afraid. I will tell you the way.
R. Oh my Jesus, how You want me to do this I do not know. Show me how it is to come about or put me somewhere and I will now study Your words for me. For He made me humble and taught me His ways, which are the only ways to go. All other ways are not of any account. His way is the way to victory, the cross that leads us to glory, joy and peace in this life and glory and salvation in the world to come. He bound up my foolish ways and taught me His truths. My tongue was made clean, and my heart was full of His love. He cast away my doubts and fears and filled me with the gifts of the Spirit. His light He shined deep into my soul and He washed me in His Blood and I was made ready to do His work, an honor that I do not deserve, but long to fulfill for Him, my God, my All, my Jesus. Him I love and He has bestowed on me a great dignity. With love and respect He clothed me and made my broken heart and soul whole in Him. I am the fortunate one to know this one, true magnificent God. I bow in awe at all His greatness.
I am in awe at His love for us all. In our lowliness and sin He reached out and clothed us with dignity and showered us with His love and we were like the flowers after the rain, blessed by Him in His greatness. We are His children, Alleluia, Alleluia. Praise the Lord. Amen.
GivenOctober 29, 2016
Please spread blessed holy water
(You can also mix Jesus and Mary water
with your blessed Holy Water if you have it.)
in your yard, around your house,
in the state you live in.
And ask God to bless your state
Ask God to bless the United States
Pray all prayers through the intercession of
Our Lady of CLEAR – WATER.
Ask the Lady of CLEAR - WATER
to help with the blessed water.
Mary has appeared to me for 22 years,
in Ohio and Florida.
the gift that Counts
God's Blue Books - Love Letters from Jesus
Blue Books 1 & 2 - $4 each
Blue Book 3 - $3
Blue Books 4 & 5 - $2 each
Blue Books 6A, 6B, 6C, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 - $3 each
Blue Books 14, 15, 16 & 17 - $5 each
by Rita Ring: Many of the entries in the Priestly Newsletter
Volume II from a spiritual journal came from this book.
for Parents and Children,
by Rita Ring, Short Meditations for both
parents and children to be used when
God's Blue Book I by Rita Ring. Open Anywhere This book will change your life. These are beautiful love letters to us from Jesus. A million books have been printed and circulated. Jesus loves us so much He wants a personal relationship with us He wants us to go to the Eucharist and be with Him before the tabernacle. $10
God's Blue Book II by Rita Ring. Letters from Jesus about His on fire love Jesus wants this great intimacy with us On fire love Personal love letters from Jesus about the love of His Heart A book on surrender Fr. Carter said! $10
God's Blue Book III by Rita Ring. Fr. Carter's favorite book It is about loving and forgiving each other Being pure in heart A book for unity in family, community, in life!! $10
God's Blue Book IV by Rita Ring. This book is about the love Jesus has for Mary and Mary has for Jesus and Jesus and Mary have for us It is truly the Love of the Two Hearts. Mary appeared every day at the Holy Spirit Center Fr. Carter was there. Mary's first apparition July 5, 1994. $5
God's Blue Book V by Rita Ring. Jesus wants to be the bridegroom of our soul He is our beloved Jesus tells us about pure love how we are to be pure of heart and love God and love others. It is a must, to hear about love from Jesus Jesus is love $5
God's Blue Book 6A by Rita Ring. Rosaries from Their Hearts during apparitions. Jesus and Mary appeared every day and I received rosaries from Them and They were transcribed from a tape. Also messages of love from Jesus on days of January, 1995 About Baptism writings from Fr. Carter and the Scriptures. $10
God's Blue Book 6B by Rita Ring. Jesus and Mary appeared every day in February, 1995 So beautiful transcribed from a tape the Stations, 7 Sorrows, prayers in the Prayer Manual, the Holy Spirit Novena Book and the Song Book. Pure love loving and forgiving a book about Jesus' love, baptism, grace and Fr. Carter's Newsletter. $10
Apostles Manual. About the Movement — the structure of the Movement All Ministries — from the time 3 months before Mary appeared in Clearwater and 3 months after. Rosaries of the 13ths, Fr. Carter's Newsletters. Messages from God the Father Reaching the priests, the Church, the schools and the world. $20
Rosaries from the Hearts of Jesus and Mary Book 1. Mary appeared in Clearwater December 17, 1996 in rainbow color and these rosaries left the printer the same day from Apparitions of Jesus and Mary transcribed from a tape. $10
Rosaries from the Hearts of Jesus and Mary Book 2. This is a book of so many rosaries — transcribed from a tape. So many beautiful rosaries. pages $12
Messages for the Elderly, Ill and Homebound. This is a big book of loving messages for nursing home people and homebound from Jesus and Mary Their lives are so important united to the Mass offering up their suffering, their lives for the souls of this earth. $10
Short Rosary Meditations for the Elderly, Ill and Homebound. This book is so important with pictures they can open it and lay it on their laps and pray the rosary. $10
Songs from Jesus Songbook. These loving songs were given from Jesus. So beautiful Love Songs from Jesus of His love — helping us have pure and loving hearts. $3
Color the Lives of Jesus and Mary. Volumes 1 through 7. Coloring books and meditations for grade school children and others on the mysteries of the rosary — really good. $5 each.
Color the Lives of Jesus and Mary. Volumes 6 through 7. Coloring books and meditations for grade school children and others on the mysteries of the rosary — really good. $5 each.
|Fr. Joe Robinson|
Guiding Light — The Word Alive in Our Hearts. — Cycle B for 2017/2018
Guiding Light — The Soul Who Could. — Cycle A for 2016/2017
Guiding Light homily series — Reflect on the Word — Cycle B The Word leaves an impression on our souls. In my thoughts and reflections are born a more tangible understanding of these eternal concepts presented in the Gospels and the readings. Anyone can read a sentence, but not anyone can absorb it's true meaning. Truth, in this day and age, is almost a matter of opinion or individual entitlement. We believe that Christ's truth is our Roman Catholic Church. We, as priests, champion it's teachings; we are ambassadors for the Pope and Christ to those faces looking at us. We are the light by which our congregation reads to reflect upon real truth and we do it hand in hand. $15
Guiding Light homily series — Steadfast to the Son — Cycle A The sunflower is a great example of how we should be steadfastly guided by light. What a powerful thought that this exceptional plant is not stuck in one pose day in and day out, yet adaptable and magnetized to the sun. We feel the same about our Son. Our heads turns to face Christ as each day presents its challenges to find light. We join together like plants in a field and soak up the Son through the pulpit. We are a warm circle of strength using the wind of our breath to carry our priests' words, Christ's words, to new rich soil. $15
Guiding Light — Focusing on the Word — Cycle B At times we may feel that our path to Christ is a bit "out of focus". Like the disciples in the Book of Mark, this ordinary life clouds our vision of Christ's Divinity. We may doubt the practicality or possibility of applying His teachings and example to our modern life. Cycle B's homilies are a "guiding light" to help us realize Jesus' Messianic greatness and His promise of better things to come. $15
Guiding Light — Feed My Soul — Cycle C In a world rapidly advancing and encouraging personal gain, we are faced with modern problems. There is a challenge to find time in our busy schedules for Sunday Mass or a family meal. We are able to research, shop, bank and even work without hearing one human voice. It is no wonder that we may often feel disconnected and famished at our week's end. In Fr. Joe's third book of homilies from Cycle C, we are reminded of the charity that Christ intended us to show each other. We have a calling to turn the other cheek and be the Good Samaritan to others. We are rewarded with the Father's kingdom and love when we are not worthy. We are not left alone or hungry. $15
|Fr. Edward J. Carter S.J.|
Here are all the products in this category:
Books written by the founder of Shepherds of Christ Ministries
Response to God’s Love by Fr. Edward J. Carter, S.J. In this book Fr. Carter speaks of God as the ultimate mystery. We can meditate on the interior life of the Trinity. Fr. Carter tells us about our uniqueness in the Father's Plan for us, how the individual Christian, the Church and the world are in the state of becoming. Imprimatur. $10
Shepherds of Christ — Selected Writings on Spirituality for all People as Published in Shepherds of Christ Newsletter for Priests. Contains 12 issues of the newsletter from July/August 1994 to May/June 1996. $15
Shepherds of Christ — Volume 2: by Fr. Edward J. Carter, S.J. Contains issues 13—29 of the newsletter (September/October 1996 — Issue 5, 1999) $15
Shepherds of Christ — Volume 3 by Fr. Edward J. Carter, S.J. Contains Newsletter Issues 1 through 4 of 2000 including Fr. Carter’s tremendous Overview of the Spiritual Life $10
Tell My People. Messages from Jesus and Mary (As given to Fr. Edward Carter, S.J.) One of Fr. Edward Carter, S.J.'s Synopsis of the Spiritual Life From Jesus to Fr. Carter "On Holy Saturday, 1994, Jesus told me that on the following day, Easter, I would also begin to receive messages for others. Our Lord also told me that some of these were eventually to be published in a book and here is that book." $10
Spirituality Handbook. Fr. Edward Carter, S.J. did 3 synopsis of the spiritual life. The Spirituality Handbook, the Priestly Newsletter 20he Tell My People book. The way of spiritual life proposed to the members of Shepherds of Christ Associates is centered in consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. All aspects of the spiritual life discussed below should be viewed as means to help members develop their lives in consecration to Christ, the Sacred Heart, and to Mary, the Immaculate Heart. $3
The Spirituality of Fatima by Fr. Edward J. Carter, S.J. The Fatima apparitions and messages received official Church approval in 1930. In giving her official approval to the Fatima event, the Church tells us that what took place at Fatima involving the three young visionaries is worthy of our belief. $5
Priestly Newsletter — 2000 #1 — CD. — Christ is Our Strength — Fr. Edward Carter, S.J. read it the year he died. It is so beautiful. "This brief passage contains one of the greatest lessons of the spiritual life. As we progress along our spiritual journey, we become increasingly aware of how weak we are in our—selves, but how strong we are in Christ. To experience our weakness involves suffering. The degree and kind of suffering can vary. The suffering can include the experience of the classical dark night of the spirit as described by St. John of the Cross. One of the main purposes of the dark night is to make a person keenly aware of his or her helplessness without God." quote by Fr. Carter from the newsletter $10
Shepherds of Christ Holy Spirit Novena
Holy Spirit Novena Booklet. In four languages with the Imprimatur with 18 scripture readings for two complete novenas – this very powerful Holy Spirit Novena has prayers for prayers for Protection by the Blood of Jesus, Healing, Strength and Light, To Be One with God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One with Jesus, To Dwell in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, Prayer for the Holy Spirit and His Gifts, and the Word Alive in Our Hearts. All these prayers take about 10 minutes daily recited out loud. $1
Shepherds of Christ Holy Spirit Novena CD
Shepherds of Christ Prayer
Shepherds of Christ Prayer Manual. The Shepherds of Christ has prayer chapters all over the world praying for the priests, the Church and the world. These prayers that Father Carter compiled in the summer of 1994 began this worldwide network of prayer. Currently the prayers are in eight languages with the Church’s Imprimatur. We have prayed daily for the priests, the Church, and the world since 1994. Associates are called to join prayer Chapters and help us circulate the newsletter centered on spreading devotion to the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart and helping to renew the Church through greater holiness. Please form a Prayer Chapter & order a Prayer Manual.
Statues, Crucifixes, and Religious Artwork
These items are very special additions to your home or place of worship.
Special 12" Sacred Heart or Immaculate
Heart Statues with Glass
Special 11" Our Lady of Fatima/Clearwater
Statue with Glass
White or Ivory gown with gold trim.
$ 60.00 each plus shipping
Clear Crystal Rosary
Given March 21, 2014
R. Pray for These Things
1) Pray for the Pope & hierarchy to help us start prayer chapters.
2) Pray for Dan, Sally Jo, Richard, Carol, Margaret, Sue,
Jack, Jean, Amanda, Matthew, Special intentions.
3) Pray for the priests, the Church and the world!
4) Pray for the spread of prayer chapters,
also for the spread of priests doing prayer chapters.
5) Pray for the spread of Blue Books.
6) People going to Florida and China.
7) Vocations to all 7 categories.
8) Pray for spread of Consecration and Rosary.
9) Pray for pope helping us.
10) Pray for Jeff - sales & health. Pray for Nick.
11) Blue Book 18 and cover and all involved.
For our Publisher and all involved
12) All intentions on my list, Jerry's list.
13) Priests getting Fr. Joe's book.
14) Pray for Fr. Joe's new book, cover & funds for printing & postage.
15) Donors and members and their families.
16) Healing of the Family tree.
17) Dan & Melanie, Catherine & mom, Gary, Mary Jo,
Jim & statues, Fr. Ken, Monsignor, Kerry, Tom & wife.
18) All who asked us to pray for them.
19) All we promised to pray for.
20) Rita, John, Doris, Sheila, Jerry, Regina, Sanja,
Betty, Sophie, Lisa, Eileen, Fr. Mike, Louie, Laverne,
2 Dons, Mary Ellen, Fr. Joe, all priests helping us,
Ed, Jimmy, Steve, a special couple, Rosie & all involved.
21) 2 babies and moms.
22) Funds and insurance.
23) Jerry's garage.
24) In thanksgiving for gifts, graces, & blessings received.
25) Spread the Blood of Jesus on all of us here.
26) Consecrate all hearts.
27) Cast the devil out of all of us here and all in Movement.
Shepherds of Christ Ministries
P.O. Box 627 China, Indiana 47250
Telephone: (toll free) 1-888-211-3041 or (812) 273-8405
FAX: (812) 273-3182
Copyright © 2014 Shepherds of Christ.
Rights for non–commercial reproduction granted:
May be copied in its entirety, but neither re–typed nor edited.
Translations are welcome but they must be reviewed for moral and
theological accuracy by a source approved by Shepherds of Christ Ministries
before any distribution takes place. Please contact us for more information.